KNOD EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) REPORT
KNOD EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT
October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017
I. A. Sales Representative
1. DATE POSITION FILLED: 6/14/17
2. REFERRING HIRE: KNOD Radio Ad
3. RECRUITMENT SOURCES: USED ALL SOURCES LISTED BELOW.
II. Master Recruitment Source List
1. Harlan Tribune/News Advertiser/Penny Saver/Rocket
Attn: Lori Christensen
1114 7th Street
Harlan, IA 51537
2. Iowa Workforce Development
3. Iowa Workforce Development
Council Bluffs, Iowa
4. Iowa Western Community College
Attn: M. Bandur-Electronic Media Studies
2700 College Road
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
5. Iowa Broadcasters Association Job Bank Website
PO Box 71186
Des Moines, IA 50325
E-mail: Webmasater@Iowa Broadcasters.com
6. KNOD Radio (on air)
7. KNOD Website (WWW.KNODFM.COM)
8. Employee Referral
9. Non-Employee Referral
10. Mail-In, Walk-In, E-Mail by Applicant
III. RECRUITMENT INITIATIVES
1. Harlan Community High School Career Day - Staff spoke with students from Harlan Community High School during career event at
2. Internship Program - Employed 2 high school students and trained them to perform on-air duties. Those duties include meter
readings, on-air delivery and board operation.
3. Speaking at Community Events - Staff spoke at community group meetings and events about working in radio and the various
4. Girl and Boy Scout Groups - Staff gave tours explaining how radio works, also helped Scouts record PSA's to air for National Girl and
Boy Scout weeks.
5. Shelby County 4-H Members - Staff recorded ads concerning National 4-H week. Answered questions and encouraged students to come in and apply for our internship program.
6. SCCS 5th Grade Class - Staff helped class record school promos that aired on KNOD, gave a tour of KNOD, explaining how radio works, and encouraged broadcasting careers.
7. Harlan Community FFA Members - Staff helped members record PSA's, instructing them on how to create professional recordings
and encouraged them to apply for our internship program.
EEO Narrative Statement -
Several recruitment initiatives were utilized by KNOD in the last year. In March 2016, members of our staff spoke with students at the HCHS career day in Harlan. We have KNOD student and adult on-air internship programs, we participate in the area Voice of Democracy Program. Plus members of our staff have gone out into the community to speak at various group meetings and area events. Those meetings and events include:
October 2016: Local Girl Scout Troop
November 2016: Local Boy Scout Troop
January 207: Shelby c ounty Catholic School
March 2017: Harlan Career Fair
May 2016: Harlan Community Middle School "TAG" Group
September 2016: Concerned, Inc. client job shadowed on-air personnel