KNOD EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT
October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019
I. No new Full-time Hires
II. Master Recruitment Source List
1. Harlan Tribune/News Advertiser/PennySaver/Rocket
Attn: Lori Christensen
1114 7th Street
Harlan, IA 51537
2. Iowa Workforce Development
3. Iowa Workforce DevelopmentCouncil Bluffs, Iowa
4. Iowa Western Community CollegeAttn: M. Bandur-Electronic Media Studies
2700 College Road
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
5. Iowa Broadcasters Association Job Bank Website
P O Box 71186
Des Moines, IA 50325
6. KNOD Radio (On-Air)
7. KNOD Website (WWW. KNODFM.COM)
8. Employee Referral
9. Non-Employee Referral
10. Mail-In, Walk-In, E-Mail by Applicant
III. RECRUITMENT INITIATIVES
1. Harlan Community High School Career Day
Staff spoke with students from Harlan Community High School during career event at school.
2. Internship Program
Employed 2 high school students and trained them to perform on-air duties.
Those duties include meter readings, on-air delivery and board operation.
3. Speaking at Community Events
Staff spoke at community group meetings and events about working in radio and the various opportunities available.
4. Girl and Boy Scout Groups
Staff gave tours explaining how radio works, also helped Scouts record PSA’s to air for National Girl and Boy Scout weeks.
5. Shelby County 4-H Members
Staff recorded ads concerning National 4-H week. Answered questions and encouraged students to come in and apply for our internship program.
6. SCCS 5th grade ClassStaff helped class record school promos that aired on KNOD, gave a tour of KNOD, explaining how radio works, and encouraged broadcasting careers.
7. Harlan Community FFA Members
Staff helped members record PSA’s, instructing them on how to create professional recordings and encouraged them to apply for our internship program.
Copyright © 2012-02017 KNOD Radio 105.3 FM • 909 Chatburn Ave. • Harlan, Iowa 51537 • 712.755.7511 • All rights reserved